We all know that wedding gowns in Singapore can be very costly. For some brides, it’s the biggest purchases for the wedding. And while some stores in Singapore offer much more affordable options, it is incredibly hard to resist certain designer wedding gowns you recently spotted on the internet or in the magazine, even thought their wedding gowns are way out of your league.
One option for Singaporean brides that is becoming more and more common is wedding gown rental. Just like how the grooms frequently opt to rend a wedding tuxedo instead of spending a whole lot of hard-earned money to buy a suit that he is only going to wear once a year, it is now a common option for brides in Singapore to rent wedding gowns.
Here are the pros and cons of renting your wedding gowns in Singapore.
- You get to save a lot of money. In 2013, the average cost of a wedding in Singapore soared up to $SGD29,000, with the cost of an average wedding gown clocking at $SGD1263. Not all couples can afford this luxury. If you decide to rent, you can find great wedding gowns as low as only $SGD100.
- The wedding gown of your dream is unattainable and too heavy of a burden. Designer wedding gowns are said to be given away for rental as low as 1/5th the retail price. You are not going to use it anymore anyway, why not opt for it?
- Need not worry about preserving your wedding gown that will take up a lot of space at home and you will never even touch it again. Just return it from where you rented it from.
- When you rent a wedding gown, it is not yours and you are forfeiting the experience of ever passing down the wedding gown to your daughter or future daughter-in-law.
- It may feel a little less special to know you never really owned a wedding gown in the first place.
- You need to be careful to make sure your dress is in mint condition when you rent it because who knows how many brides have worn it before? And make sure it is still in perfect condition when you return it.